Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas "Corners" Of My Home


My sister gave me the framed 1930's vintage Christmas cards a couple of years ago. They look great with one of my favorite deer lamps from Ebay. I found the perfect shade for it at a shop in Sutter Creek.


I like to imagine that this little angel is helping Santa to make his deliveries in Fairyland. I found the pink sleigh at an estate sale, and the pink swan is from a thrift shop. The swan is marked/signed underneath "Vivi to Gramma '56 Christmas"


Deer bookends dressed up with red ribbon collars hold a few of my newest Christmas books in front of another favorite vintage deer lamp (my first! It was given to me by a friend years ago), with glow-in-the-dark icicles dangling from it's original fiberglass shade.



I saw a Barbie tree in a magazine a few years back - but I had already been doing mine for years. I did it a little differently this year - I didn't get out my vintage Barbie dolls who are usually helping to decorate the tree dressed in their pajamas. Maybe next year.





I have been wanting to have a white tree with all white lights for awhile, and finally found a reasonably priced small one this year, so I put it in one of the front window in the guest room. I decorated it with mostly chandelier crystals, blue Shiny Brite miniature glass balls, and aqua colored glow-in-the-dark vintage snowflakes and stars, and then surrounded it with sparkly decorations old and new.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I am so happy to see your Christmas house. I wish I could get over there to see it in person. You have such a talent for decorating for the holidays. Can't wait for cookies. Love T