Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lovely Blouses From Embroidered Linens

Luckily, I have managed to find three of these gorgeous creations. They all have labels from K.A.S. Originals of Fredericksburg, Texas. What a lovely idea to combine all sorts of vintage linens and quilted patchwork pieces into a pretty blouse! The front:
and back of the first one I found at a consignment shop here in town ( the back of the collar is flipped up to show what lies beneath).
And another front:and back - I love the back of the collar on this one, and the floral linens they used!
And the third one, a little different in style, with a table runner forming a bib front:
This style is less appealing to me - the sleeves on this one are my favorite, though.
And I would be willing to bet that the blouse worn here by Country Living Magazine Editor-In-Chief Nancy Soriano (shown at the Marburger Farm Antique Show in the April 2007 issue) was made by the same people.
They're beautiful, aren't they?

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love them! Glad you found them and they are yours. They should be. Love T

Cheryl Miller said...

Boy, oh boy, you're not kidding about us having very similar tastes! It's a good thing we don't live in the same city. We'd be knocking each other down at the thrift stores!
Cheryl

Heidi Ann said...

Cheryl- You're funny, but I fear that may be all too true!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. Can't believe you got three of them. Great find!