Saturday, September 27, 2008

Black Beauty

I saw this movie on TV some 2 or 3 years after it came out. I don't even know how many times I cried while watching it. I mean, I really became quite emotional! When bad things happen to animals, it is hard for me to watch. But this version of the film was truly beautifully done. Even though it made me cry , I LOVED it.
I can't remember whether this book was here in the house, or if I found it at a thrift store. It's a lovely edition of the story by Anna Sewell, adapted by Eleanor Graham Vance and illustrated by Phoebe Erickson.
The illustrations are beautiful - like this one in the very back of the book.
Gorgeous.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I haven't seen that movie, I will have to watch for it. The illustrations remind me of when I was about 9 or 10 and my friends and I all were always drawing horses, horses, horses. The drawings never turned out as good as these though! Love T