Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Walt Disney Stamp

Forty years ago on this date, the U.S. Postal Service issued this stamp honoring the legendary, fabulous, visionary, wonderful (I'll stop, but I could go on and on with the superlatives. You already KNOW I love him) Walter Elias Disney, who was born in Marceline, Missouri.
I found the great envelopes (below, and at bottom, above) on Ebay a few years ago. I don't really know anything about them - only that I had to have them.
I have really been enjoying the more recent series of Disney stamps (some shown below), but I do wish and hope that they might some day issue another stamp honoring Walt himself. He deserves it.

3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Very, very nice!

Tina Dawn said...

Thank you for sending me some of the stamps. I love the sorcerer's apprentice one. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I know this isn't much of a connection, but I used to care for an elderly man who's family owned a farm next to the Disney's farm in Marceline. Said they were a great family. I wish Walt would have lived longer. The stamps are great. I don't remember ever seeing those before. Twyla