Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Red Hutch

I don't like the way my pictures inside the house turn out.
I think I need a photography class.
But, until my skills improve, I hope you all will bear with me.
So...my red hutch in the sunroom (some might call it a breakfast room). This is how it looked before I decorated it for Christmas:
And then, I did show you what it looked like in December. Here it is again:
After Christmas, I just wanted to change things up. I wanted to display as many pieces of my like-colored pottery together as I possibly could. Well- it's too much - I do know that! But this is how it ended up - this is very top of the hutch:

And then, you can see the two shelves below:
And a little closer on the mostly yellow shelf:

If I had all of the shelves and all of the space in the world, stuff wouldn't be all crammed together like this. But I just try to make the most of the space I have! And, as you may have surmised from the top photo, I had to find a new "home" for quite a few things.
Yes, I managed. Some day, I'd love to have a shelf that runs all around the top of the room. THEN I could spread things out a little!
Well, at least it's still colorful.
And I didn't get EVERYTHING together that is in the same color family - but I gave it a good try!

13 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i want one of those shelves that go around the whole room too!!!!! i have very few items on which i can display some of my collections - so they are still packed away from our move from the west. i don't think your pictures are bad heidi! i particularly love the photo with the blue items on the top of your hutch!

Tina Dawn said...

I am glad we could fit that red hutch into your car! Since I am such a fan of lots of color, I miss the old way, but it is fun to see all your great pottery together. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

When they paint the Golden Gate Bridge, they start at one end and paint to the other end and when their done (because it takes so long to paint the bridge) they start all over again.

So I have to ask you this question.. You have so many things, when you dust, do you start at one end of the house and go to the other end and when you are done... start all over again? :-)

Love your stuff!

Heidi Ann said...

Um.......dust? What is this word - "dust"?
:):)

Heidi Ann said...

Annette/T....We got the red hutch downtown at an antique shop that isn't there anymore. You are remembering the Hoosier-like cupboard that we have in the pantry now. And yes - I am still amazed by the fact that I took it home that day ( my birthday!) in my Subaru Legacy wagon. The funniest part is that a taller person couldn't have done it! The fact that my seat has to be up so close to the steering wheel made it possible for it to fit in the back, behind me! Yes - there can be advantages to being very short in stature!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I don't mind your pictures at all! I think they're great. I saw the postcard in the first picture:) You have so much pretty pottery. I still look everywhere for resturant creamers. I got a new one just this past Sat. A small pink one! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Cool, cool, cool!

I think your pictures are fine, hon!

Unknown said...

Beautiful as usual, Heidi, but I love your new blog header!! Is that what you call it? Anyway, it's adorable!

yosemite faith said...

heidi- since i left my post you changed your look!!!!
i like either one - but i was shocked when i saw the change. as always looks great!

Anonymous said...

The red sets everything off just great, no matter what color! I know what you mean about indoor photography - I can never figure out if it's the camera or the user, but I think I'll blame the camera. (I think your photos look great!)

Anonymous said...

I love your red hutch and everything in and on top of it! Especially the aqua pottery...awesome! You have a great collection Heidi Ann!

Monica said...

WHAT this is amazing!!!!! WOW!

Chanda said...

Hello, I am out visiting sites with painted hutches and wanted to say hello. I like how your turned out. It is so pretty all decorated up. I painted mine white with a green back ground. I was glad to meet another who is not afraid of color.