Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Late, Great, Dean Martin

Oh, how I loved him. Such a wonderful, talented and handsome man. Daddy used to love the variety shows, so we grew up watching Dean (and Red Skelton,, Ed Sullivan, etc.)
I will ALWAYS buy the LP's when I see them at the thrift shops.

And I have some sheet music, too:
I don't have a lot of CD's - not enough! (Top picture below is from the booklet inside the CD "Capitol collector's Series")
I guess that's really all right - since I don't mind listening to the ones I do have OVER and OVER. I LOVE the sound of his voice!
Oh, Dino...
(swoons)..

8 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Absolutely my favorite male singer of all-time.

Tina Dawn said...

I have "the Essential Dean Martin" CD and we always listen to it when on drives. Sometimes twice. Love the guy! Did you know he was Tori Spelling's godfather? Love T

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Heidi, great to meet 'nother lover of our Dino...cool post....never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth...if you loves our Dino, checks out the ol' ilovedinomartin Dinoblog by clickin' on my tagg...

yosemite faith said...

another great subject for a post!

Dave said...

Dino was the best! As has been said many times, "He made it look easy". If it were easy, there would have been more like him, but I haven't heard one yet. And he was funny as well, both on his variety show and the "roast" show he did later. One of a kind!

Oh...and a great actor too!

Deanna said...

Hi Heidi!
Oh I remember Dean so well. My parents just adored him. I remember watching his variety show when I was a young girl.

I didn't know until recently when I heard his former wife Jeanne say that he had just wasted away after his son Deano had passed away. How terrible sad. I think he was probably the most gentle man of the whole Rat Pack era.

Deanna :D

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I still remember watching his show on tv. It was just a part of our week. Twyla

Anonymous said...

I have said this before, but I want all those old Dean Martin variety shows that are on DVD that they sell on TV at 2 in the morning!!