Saturday, March 7, 2009

Then And Now #32 - Squirt

Squirt is my husband's favorite soda, so we always have it on hand. He won't drink diet soda, and I will only drink caffeine free diet soda, and very rarely even one of those. But I do like Squirt, and I am glad it has no caffeine. Here is an advertisement from 1955:
And another one from 1956 (if you enlarge this, you can see that it says "The Squirt Company Sherman Oaks California" The brand is now owned by The Cadbury Schweppes Group):
This is what the logo looks like now on the 12 can "Cool Pack":
No more cute "Little Squirt", I guess. I kind of miss the little guy.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I have always loved Squirt. A nice fresh slightly tart taste. If we had a little brother he would have looked like "little Squirt" I think. Love T

yosemite faith said...

our family was a consumer of any soda pop made - but i don't remember the plaid 6 pack carrier - LOVE that! i miss little squirt too.

Anonymous said...

I love squirt! my dad used to always drink squirt when we were little girls. And mom would always give us squirt if we had the stomach flu!!

Pearl said...

Just Love your 1955 ad with the Daffodils... I think it would look awesome framed and hanging in a kitchen...
~Pearl

john said...

Our neighboring town just demolished a building and discovered a 50's era Squirt billboard in suprisingly great shape:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=%22Little%20Squirt%22%20%22Loves%20Park%20IL&w=all&m=tags