Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Evelyn Rose

Well, would 'ya look here at what I found? Our local Gottschalk's department store is closing up (sadly), so everything in the building is for sale. I looked at all of the mannequins (many or all already marked sold - and too expensive for me anyway), and this one (which is a torso only) was the only one who had a lovely rosy pink moire fabric covering on it. I grabbed her right up! I have named her Evelyn Rose - which are two special family names.
(Yes, I have named my headless, legless mannequin torso thing. Call me crazy. Ask me if I care?)
She is lovely:
And when I place her on a stool and she is wearing a long dress, you cannot even tell that she is missing part of herself.

'Tis happy I am to have her!
Welcome , Evelyn Rose.

6 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

So nice to have met Evely Rose. She is quite lovely and so fortunate to have come to live in Your home where she will be appreciated and loved. Twyla

yosemite faith said...

i guess they were selling everything and i do mean everything! glad you found her and got to take her home. i can't wait to hear when the pkg arrives and i hope my bonus item arrives intact - hint - rose.

Tikimama said...

Oooh, those are both special names to me, too! How lucky you are to have her. Years ago I had a full-body-but-headless mannequin, dressed in a lovely vintage 50s dress, but then-boyfriend, now-husband couldn't stand it. So long...

Tina Dawn said...

She is just perfect. I am glad to welcome her to the family. She has the same middle name as my youngest granddaughter, as you probably know. I will be looking forward to seeing her in person soon. Love T

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heidi Ann! evelyn looks mighty fine on her stool!

☺ Ha-ha! When I first started reading blogs I read one lady who was rolling her eyes over the weird ladies who name their mannequins! Well, she just doesn't get it does she?! ♥

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Holly! - And to answer your question: No, she doesn't get it at all.