Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lucky Me

I received two special packages recently. Don'tcha just love good mail? One was from my friend Faith in Michigan and one of the things contained within was this lovely ceramic box with a red rose on top. It is right at home here among my other "rosy" collectibles! She also sent me some great vintage Melmac plates with roses on them, and some cute little critters. Thank you, Faith - that was very sweet of you!
And I felt very lucky indeed to have won the giveaway over at Two Crazy Crafters! Look at what Twyla sent me! She included some extra special surprises, too: a gorgeous Christmas card featuring my beloved cottages, a pair of shoe stretchers, and some of her adorable handmade crocheted cherries - for me AND my sister! Thank you so much, Twyla - I love it ALL. You are very generous and thoughtful, and I am so happy we have become friends through our blogs.

AND - my sister picked up the little chippy white and green shelves for me at a thrift store on her way over here last weekend. Thank you, Lorlore!

4 comments:

Lorlore said...

You are welcome, Sis! And thankyou Twyla for the adorable cherries!! Love the Thrift store shopping! Now I need to get to more yard sales this summer!!

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, Christmas in June. What fun. Love T

yosemite faith said...

you are welcome and it was a pleasure - you have made that little box glow - i had never seen anything like it and the rose was so 'substantial/heavy' - it just had your name on it and i am thrilled it made your blog!!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are so welcome! You are such a dear and I appreciate your blog so much! I was just tickled that you won the give away! Thank you for posting everyday and teaching me about things and inspiring me in my pursuit of treasure hunting! Twyla