Friday, October 16, 2009

Scrabble

Don'tcha just love Scrabble, the iconic word game from Parker Brothers?
Does every family have this game in their collection? It seems likely to me. Love these little ScrabbleCats!
The games are becoming harder to find in thrift stores, because everybody (including me) is buying them up to use the wooden tiles in crafting projects. I see all kinds of great ideas all the time in the crafty blogs. The other day I made magnets to use on the huge tray I found at a thrift store. (I showed it to you in this post, where I also utilized some Scrabble tiles!):

I got one of those games with the rotating turntable (similar to the one in the ad, below) 30 years ago. Yes, I still have it.
PlayWithYourWords.com . Looks like fun. But guess what? It's also fun to play with your food!
And, thanks to the new Scrabble crackers from Cheez-It, you can!
What a great idea! And I already loved Cheez-Its, anyway, letters or no letters.
(My apologies to any of you who may have seen this post previously when I accidentally published it in it's unfinished state! Embarrassing.)

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I LOVE the idea of Scrabble CheeseIts. Are those new? The kittens are the cutest things I've ever seen. Missed your comments though. Love T

yosemite faith said...

the scrabble cheeselts are fantastic. my dad rarely had time for games but i do remember what a wonderful scrabble player he was. great post and thanks for a great memory of my dad.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

i had never seen the Scrabble Cheez-It's before. Those are cute! It seems I see old Scrabble tiles alot these days used in craft and art. Twyla

Anthony said...

Scrabble is one of my top favorite games EVER! Have you heard of Super Scrabble? The board is almost double the size, there are Quadruple Score spaces, and you play with 200 letter tiles instead of the normal 100. I don't have it yet, but I plan to buy it soon!

Another fun game you might like is Scrabble's close cousin, Upwords. That's the one where you keep stacking up higher and higher on previously played letters and words. Try it out, if you haven't already. It's a blast!