Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Frozen Lemon Yumminess


So, you've got your good old fashioned lemonade - regular or pink, made from frozen concentrate, I'll take a glass of that any old day (and it doesn't HAVE to be from "Sunny California")!:

Or, how about one of these nice cold Kool-Aid Lemon Ice "Slushies"? That sounds good, too!

Or you could try this recipe - I found it in a magazine from 1968. It sounded VERY familiar - I'm pretty sure I made it at least once years ago. Maybe I should try it again with fresh lemon juice. I haven't used bottled lemon juice for years:

Want some frozen lemon yumminess on a stick? Try Dreyer's Lemonade Fruit Bars. (I mentioned in an earlier post that these are the closest thing I've found to the Sunkist Frozen Lemon Bars that we used to get at Disneyland.)
A new item that is really good - and rather decadent - Haagen Dazs Five Lemon Ice Cream:
Want something a little "lighter"? Try Dreyers Slow Churned Lemonade Swirl! Or, my old favorite, (for true lemon-lovers only) Whole Fruit Lemon Sorbet - I think that might be my favorite of all:

That sorbet is like a pint of Lemon Heaven.
Seriously.

7 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Mmmmm all looks so good!

Remember slushie cups? They had some kind of liquid encased between the walls of the plastic cup. You froze the cup, added liquid to the frozen cup and stirred. Instant slushie!

Tina Dawn said...

I'll have to try the 5 Lemon Ice Cream, sounds interesting. I love the Dreyer's Sorbet and Fruit Bars too. Makes me want to drive to the store and get some. It is supposed to be warmer today, so it is a perfect day for lemonade. I used to like to get the frozen concentrate out of the freezer and eat it just like that. Makes me pucker just to think about it. Love T

★Carol★ said...

Those Lemon Freeze bars look pretty yummy to me! I love anything lemony. Food, perfume, candles, love it all. Actually all of those treats look good because it's going to be 89 and sticky today!

yosemite faith said...

i love love love a good lemonade. paul newman makes a good one (recipe thanks to joanne woodward). ben and jerrys makes what i think is a sorbet called berried treasure - its lemon with blueberry swirl. right now we have hagen daz lemon sorbet in the freezer - i never have seen the lemon icecream. one time in chicago at this rib place called fat willies - they make a cocktail with homemade lemonade - vodka - w/a splash of white grape juice served in an 'iced glass' - they call it electric lemonade and it was soooo good. i am so fussy with lemon that i want to like the bars but for some reason there is something about them and i don't know what it is. i certainly would not turn one down!

Tatersmama said...

Mmmm! I love anything lemon! My favorite breakfast is Grape Nuts with lemon yogurt... but I wouldn't say no to a scoop of lemon sorbet either!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Heidi, I love it when you do these kind of posts! This is just what I need on this hot day. I have tried the H D Five ice creams and they are delicious! Twyla

Paul Duca said...

You know what they say...there's more real lemon in a can of Pledge than a canister of Country Time.