Monday, June 7, 2010

Recent "Thrifty" Finds

You know how much I love to show you my finds! So, here we go again - I LOVE my kitty cat pencil holder, and here you also see a cute little floral cream and sugar set and a nice green pillar candle holder:

A great chippy shabby cubbyhole shelf - easy for me to fill up with little stuff!

Vintage mushroom shelf liner, a hand painted peanuts snack bowl, and a trivet with a cool geometric design:
A pink speckled Brusche platter, a pair of Swanky Swigs, and two pretty tins. The rose tin doesn't have the right lid, but the lid IS at least vintage, and for 50 cents, I fell in love with it anyway:
The hangers were marked 5 cents apiece, but when I checked my receipt I saw that the nice man at the thrift store had only charged me 5 cents for all five! The blue floral fabric appears to be a remnant from an unused sheet - and a lovely one at that!

It is just so darned much fun to find VERY inexpensive little treasures, isn't it?
My favorite pastime.

5 comments:

Lorlore said...

Oh yes, very fun indeed!!!!

farmlady said...

It's the "inexpensive little treasures" that can mean the most.

I love that shabby chic cubbyhole shelf with all the little pitchers, statues, etc. That is a cool way to display...

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wow, I am always soooo jealous of you folks who can find such treasures at such low prices.

I used to be able to do that around here, and Mom and I would tour all the local thrift stores as often as we could. It was such fun!

★Carol★ said...

You found so many fun things! I love that creamer and sugar bowl and that pink(!) platter. I'm so drawn to pink lately. And that cubby is amazing! I can't wait to watch you fill it up with all of your great finds!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I love everything, Heidi! Wonderful treasures. Love the cubby shelf with all the little trinkets. Have a great weekend! Twyla