Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Cheese Intervention


I saw this comic strip in the newspaper last week, and I had to laugh:

("Pickles" by Brian Crane)

It may have been nervous laughter - or perhaps the laugh of recognition. Because, well...... here is the list of cheeses I found when I looked into OUR refrigerator:
Tillamook Medium Cheddar Block
Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Block
Tillamook Monterey Jack Block

Lucerne Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella
Lucerne Shredded 2% Milk Cheddar
Lucerne Shredded 2% Milk Mexican
Lucerne Shredded 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar

Sargento Sliced Medium cheddar
Sargento Shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar
Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack
Sargento Shredded Mozzarella

Weight Watchers Original Swiss Wedges
Weight Watchers Cheddar Snacks
Weight Watchers String Cheese
Weight Watchers Mexican Shredded

Stella Fresh Shredded Parmesan & Romano
Montchevre Fresh Goat Cheese Log
Montchevre Crumbled Goat Cheese
Precious Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
Knudsen 2% Cottage Cheese
Laughing Cow Wedges Creamy Swiss Light
Mini Babybel Light
Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Tub
Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Tub
Kraft 2% Sliced Cheddar

In my own defense, many of them ARE low fat. But, um, I am a bit embarrassed about the sheer number of them. Is it even LEGAL for one family (of two!) to have so much cheese? Geez, Louise! I guess we love cheese. I do probably have some every day, even if it's just a small serving.
Yes, I think we may be in need of a cheese intervention at this house.
On second thought, don't even THINK about trying to get us to stop.
We have way too much cheese on hand to even consider it.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

OMG sis! I eat cheese every day too, but my goodness! I say call a moratorium on buying cheese for about a month and work on what you have, and then check again. Loved the cartoon, has the artist been over to visit you lately? That said, I think I will go have a grilled cheese sandwich, or maybe macaroni and cheese, or something. Love T

Jennifer D said...

You are a VERY cheesy girl! "Gold Cheese Country Girls" or "Gold Country Cheese Girls". ;0)

You should make some Martha Stewart Mac and Cheese, that recipe calls for many different kinds of cheese.

Now I need to go make a grilled cheese sammy that first photo has my mouth watering.

lorlore said...

OMG is right!!! That is cheesiness!!! Eat some already will ya!!!!

yosemite faith said...

my nephew has this thing for fine cheeses with a small glass of wine. he wouldn't even blink at your stash!