Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Few More Finds

More thrift finds - you know I am always searching for new things to put in the shop. Pretty vintage dancers:
A Floraline matte white pot, and a shiny glaze candle holder, along with a pretty floral remnant:
A pair of chess pieces and also a lovely pair of lidded trinket boxes:
You saw this in the background - the brightest afghan I have ever bought! I couldn't resist the beautiful color combination:
Some may think this sequined calendar is gaudy, but not me....
..I think it's bright and pretty, and I plan to use it in 2014 when the dates will be right!
The Emporium was a wonderful department store. I love old gift boxes; this one was holding silverware at the thrift store and I asked if I could buy it!
This bright pink piggy bank is just like the green one I've had since I was a teenager! Couldn't pass it up:
And I found some vintage games, too - Mickey Mouse:
And Mad Magazine:
Wishing you a wild and wacky day! And may your thrift shop jaunts be fruitful.

4 comments:

Lorlore said...

Great finds!!!! See you soon!!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

I wish I could come over with Lori and we could all play the Mad Magazine game on Halloween night. What fun that would be! Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

I am betting that vintage Mickey game is worth some $$$

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Vintage Coconut said...

Very lovley finds!
I love all the old chalkware and ceramic things they had to decorate the walls in the past.
"I can never pass up the fish, mermaids and seahorses" *lol*

The piggy bank is so cute and wow that afghan looks really nice. Great colors.