Friday, October 5, 2012

Barbie Dress-Up Day #19 In A Gathered Skirt

I found this Barbie at a thrift store, and I bought her mostly because she was wearing three pieces of vintage clothing. Mind you, this kind of find doesn't happen for me very often, and I love vintage Barbie clothes! I wrapped a vintage handkerchief around her for a top/scarf combo, because I can't get to the rest of my Barbie clothes right now.
She came with this "Gathered Skirt":
And also a jacket - like the one you see here as part of the "Resort Set"
The third thing she was wearing was this white under-dress from the "Friday Nite Date" outfit:
It was yellowed with age, and it needs a bit of mending, but I just soaked it with a few other white things in a mild bleach solution, and it came out looking great. I'm happy to have it!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love her "scarf blouse", very clever. I had the resort set. I remember so clearly the handful of outfits I had for my brunette Barbie. Great find as usual. Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

What a great idea! Barbie dress-up day, hope this is a regular feature on your blog.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com