Saturday, February 16, 2013

It Happened Again...

Once again, I found something in a magazine right after I'd picked up the same (or similar) item at a thrift store. It's in this picture of a colorful dorm room from one of my vintage Seventeen magazines:
See the frosted soda glass with a pink metal stand?
Here's mine - the stand is a little bit different, as you can see:
My find inspired me to try and make an ice cream soda like the ones we used to make and serve in the soda parlor at Sierra Nevada House in Coloma:
(I didn't eat all that ice cream. I actually put it back into the carton after I took the picture, LOL! But that's how we did it back then ; we gathered three scoops together and piled them on top of the glass. I mean, when we served you an ice cream soda, we served you an ice cream SODA!) CLICK HERE to go back and read my post about Sierra Nevada House, if you're interested.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Oh yes, it was so much fun making those bulging ice cream concoctions! And eating them. Love T

yosemite faith said...

good job photographing the ice cream!

amy said...

Wow! I love all of the colors in this post & that ice cream melts my heart, it looks so yummy!

sending you happy spells

amyflyingakite.com

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Dο you knoω if they maκe аny
plugins to hеlp with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not sеeing very good ѕuccess. If you
κnow οf any pleaѕe sharе. Chееrs!


Visit my sitе :: Chemietoilette

Unknown said...

Cuuute!

I can't eat that much ice cream (I'm diabetic), but I'll just live vicariously through this post, lol!