Saturday, February 2, 2013

More Whitman Books

So....you know that I'm a book freak, right? Yep, WAY too many books. And yet, when I find these vintage Whitman books at the thrift stores, I can't resist getting them to add to my collection. Annie Oakley in Double Trouble , from 1958:
I have wanted some of the Trixie Belden novels for a long time! This is the first one I have ever found. I first read so many of them many years ago. Tina had some (I believe she has the entire collection now), and my friend Marcia had quite a few of the later editions without the shiny covers. I used to borrow them from her. Trixie Belden and The Gatehouse Mystery 1954:
Mrs. Wiggs Of The Cabbage Patch, from 1962. Lori still has her copy of this very same edition from when we were kids:
The Charmed Circle, also dated 1962. A Whitman book as well; this one is "A Teen Novel":
Four more for the already overcrowded bookshelves in this house.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds. I haven't run across any Trixie Belden in a long time either. I am sure you can manage to squeeze them in there somehow. Love T

salsays said...

Oh good, someone else who collects vintage YA books. Love Anne Emery, Rosamund du Jardin, all the 50s and early 60s teen books for girls. Dinny Gordon!

yosemite faith said...

i loved annie oakley - when i was a kid there was not only the tv show but a board game as well.

Jill said...

I had "The Charmed Circle" - i remember getting it at a birthday party! I loved Trixie Beldon but my very favorite was Nancy Drew!

farmlady said...

Oh how I wanted to be Annie Oakley. I guess I still do.
Great old books...

Mick said...

Wow! That "Annie Oakley" book is just wonderful!