Sunday, April 20, 2014

Family Circle Easter Issue - April 1968

Just popping (or maybe that should be hopping?) in to wish everyone a Happy Easter today!
And I'm also sharing this great vintage issue of Family Circle Magazine.
It's not just the cover that was fabulous:
It also has quits a few great ideas and crafts, recipes, etc. inside - just like always!
I seriously need to try and make some of these gorgeous beaded eggs next year:
And here are some more lovely eggs, this time decorated with colorful felt and embroidery. I love these:
 More crafty goodness:
 And how about a recipe to use up some of your hard-boiled eggs?
They've got that, too:
My husband requested peanut butter cookies last week "for Easter".
I hadn't made any cookies in a while, so I baked them for him.
 (Who are we kidding? They're for me, too, even though I shouldn't be eating this stuff!)
I decided I needed to "Easter them up" a bit, so I added some Peanut Butter M&M's "Speck-Tacular Eggs",  which are really cute little pastel speckled Easter egg-shaped candies.
 I really like the way they look....
...and they don't taste too bad, either!
Have a wonderful holiday, everybody!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the felt eggs. I just pulled out my yellow dogwood tablecloth, I like your green one. Love T

lorlore said...

Hoppy Easter Sis!!!!!

Margaret said...

Happy Easter! I enjoy your blog so much! I was born in 1965 and had a great childhood filled with so many fun things. My Mom did tons of crafts from those magazines that I have gerat memories of. I relate so much to all that you post! Hugs, Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins