Friday, February 27, 2015

My California (Tray)

I'm a California girl.
You probably already knew that.
I found this tray at a thrift store:
 You can find these types of souvenir trays all over.
Little scenes of favorite "hot spots", or tourist attractions.....
 Places throughout this wonderful Golden State of ours, many of which I happen to LOVE to visit:
 I'm not sure when the tray was made, but it did not escape my notice that Disneyland is not included:
 I'm not convinced that it was made prior to 1955, but who knows.
I didn't actually plan to keep it when I purchased it, but even though my Happiest Place isn't featured,
I am not sure that I am going to be able to part with it.
(I know - what was I thinking?)

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love it! (But you already knew that). It may have been that Disneyland wasn't included due to copyright laws or some other reason, where in the older trays no one had thought of that problem yet. (Since it does seem newer than a few things I have that include Disneyland). Love T

Sunnyana said...

I realized that Disneyland wasn't on the tray before I read your captions and I was thinking similar to Tina that Disney probably would have charged them too much to use their name. I think Sea World and Marine World were built in the 60's and I know Busch Gardens closed in the late 70's so that might give you an idea of the tray's age. Marine World is the only place shown that I never saw or visited.