Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Pam Dawber!

It's Pam Dawber's birthday today - so I hope you will join me in wishing her all the best!
Before she became a well-known (and much-loved!) actress in Mork and Mindy, she did some modeling, too.
Most of these images are from 1975:
For Lee:
For Butterick:

Mork and Mindy premiered in 1978.
I think she's been pretty busy being a wife and mother, so I don't believe she is acting much these days.
Pam - I hope you celebrate a wonderful day today with your handsome husband Mark Harmon, and your family.
(But I admit I do miss seeing you on the screen!)

7 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I always liked her, but hated that Mork and Mindy show! I had no idea she was a model at one time. And she's probably so much happier not being in the spotlight!

Tina Dawn said...

I think she is so cute! Even cuter when she is wearing Granny Squares. Loved her in Mork and Mindy and the TV movies I saw her in. Do you remember the TV show she was in with the darling teenage actress who was murdered (in real life)? She was the older sister and they were supposed to live in San Francisco. I can't remember the name of the show. Her husband isn't half bad either. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Absolutely, Tina - it was "My Sister Sam". and it was Rebecca Schaeffer who was murdered. So sad - she was such a gorgeous and promising young actress. I loved that show.

yosemite faith said...

we had lots of crochet magazines around our house so i remember seeing her in those.

Jennifer D said...

My husband and I recently rented the Mork and Mindy Series and we had a blast! My teen son did as well just goes to show that Mork and Mindy stands the test of time.

I loved My Sister Sam, such a sad ending.

I didn't know Pam modeled...she is so cute. I had that exact haircut in middle school. Thanks Heidi.

Tricks and Manners said...

Ooo, good eye to spot her in those ads!

My husband and I were newly-weds in 1978, and Mork and Mindy was the first show we got into the habit of watching together. I loved Mindy's wardrobe so much! Those gorgeous drape-y dresses!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Loved this post...Every time I watch NCIS I think that Mark Harmon is married to Mindy (Pam Dawber) and chuckle a little.