Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wild (Vintage) Mushrooms

Wild, wacky, brightly colored mushrooms today, on a variety of vintage items. Like this fabulous canister set given to me by my friend Jamie:
A scarf I sold that belonged to my mother-in-law:
My cute little clothing brush that I've had for years and years:
Shelf paper I sold that I found at a thrift shop:
My Hallmark mushroom tablet holder that I got when I was a teenager:

And this adorable cake tin, also from Jamie.
I love this thing!
When I took this picture, it was storing leftover birthday cake...

...which never lasts long in this household!

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I collected mushroom kitchen items when I was pregnant with Josh. I had mugs, towels, etc. I just found a plastic wall hung match holder with mushrooms this past summer at a garage sale. It is so cute, but I will probably sell it. Your mushroom items are all adorable, I still find myself drawn to the great graphics and bright colors. Love T

yosemite faith said...

looks like a great cake - chocolate? perhaps flourless aka decadent? great cache of items - orange is a great color.

Unknown said...

Ohhh i love the cake tin very retro and fun ;-)) Cake looks yummy to..Dee ;-)

★Carol★ said...

Ahhh, those shrooms really bring back some great memories! I remember having an orange mushroom earring holder and some orange shroom candles with white polka dots on them. Sure wish I still had them!

farmlady said...

Who needed an alarm clock back in the 50's and 60's. Just walking into the kitchen was enough to wake you up in the morning. Mushrooms with all the vintage color. What fun!
Can I have a piece of that cake? Please.....

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Love all your mushroom goodness....and I'm so happy that the cake tin is actually holding a cake! Too cool. I think you should fill the cannisters up with orange and yellow M&M's. We can sit and look at magazines and eat them all.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Eeeek! I Love the mushrooms! Twyla