Friday, June 8, 2012

And Some More Thrift Finds

Couldn't believe my eyes when I found this fantastic vintage pottery train lamp! I felt as though it was sitting there waiting just for me:

Here's another tray for my growing "collection" - sure do wish I had a big blank wall somewhere where I could hang them all up! I think they would make quite a statement.

I found some cute vintage invitations and a yellow wooden memo board. I took off the ugly thing that was on it, and replaced it temporarily. I will find the perfect thing to hang above the memo pad, and it will be bright:

A vintage candle holder in my favorite blue and green, fabric curtain panels in gorgeous rich colors, Presto Jar rings, and don't even get me started on that bottle! Those vintage bottles, and the shakers and canisters that go with them are some of my favorite 60's and 70's things. I see them in my vintage magazines and go crazy - I finally found one!

Let's have a party - you make something out of this Campbell's Soup Cookbook, and I'll bring some sourdough bread and a big wheel of cheese to put on my Baldelli Italia Italian cheese plate, and a bottle of wine to open with my super-cool Made-In-England Valezina corkscrew.

"Peppermint Fence" is an old textbook with a cover too cute to resist, and I'll put this copy of "Better Homes And Garden's New Garden Book" in the shop, because I already have one:

With the help of that book, perhaps you can create the garden of YOUR dreams, like the one shown on this lovely piece of sheet music I found:

I found a neat old California card table tablecloth, and also a great napkin holder:

Better shot of the napkin holder - cute, huh?:

And just one more thing - a trio of sweet little hand-painted birds made in Mexico:

You know how I love my birds!

6 comments:

Lorlore said...

I, too, have the Peppermint book, great finds, as usual!!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Pretty funny, I too have the Peppermint Fence book, along with a collection of a lot of other old kid's schoolbooks. Love the train lamp, Calif. tablecloth and napkin holder. Great finds. Love T

Unknown said...

I adore the train lamp! My son - a toddler - would love it as he's obsessed with trains. But it would please the grown-ups too!

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow, you found such great treasures!!

Jill said...

Such great finds!! I love that California tablecloth-- so fun! I love the illustrations on that sheet music too. You really know how to find the great stuff!!
Hugs,
Jill

yosemite faith said...

very cool heidi!