Friday, October 24, 2008

Gone With The Wind

If I remember correctly, I first saw this wonderful film when I was in high school, during one of the re-releases to the theaters. It truly is spectacular, and I've loved it ever since.
I saw this book for sale at an antiques show over 30 years ago for $25. I couldn't afford it then. Now I have two. It has color pictures inside from the film.
This little paperback cook-booklet was a promotional item from Pebeco toothpaste, I believe from the same year the movie came out (1939):
And in 1991, Turner Entertainment Co. put out this facsimile edition in hardcover - had to have that, too:
Years ago, I was a member of the Movie Book Club - I purchased a lot of books from that club! Including this one by Gavin Lambert about the making of the film -just something else to fuel my fascination with one of the greatest movies ever made.

3 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

"Gone With The Wind," is one of my all time favorite movies. I must get around to actually reading the book. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I LOVE GWTW!! I read the book and have the movie!

Heather

Tina Dawn said...

Great book and movie. Need to read and watch them again. Love T