Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween from 1949 & The 1950's

Thought I'd share some vintage Halloween snapshots. The first two are from 1949. That's my brother-in-law in the skeleton costume, and the picture on the right is a kindergarten group:
These next two are from 1955,(left), and 1953 (right). That's my husband and his older brother. Some of the masks were still here in the house, and I use them when I decorate!
And, then the brothers again on the left, in 1954 (he really liked being an Indian, I guess, since that's what he was two years in a row!), and some friends are in the photo on the right from 1950.
Hope you enjoyed seeing these old costumes from back then!
Here's wishing you a Happy and Spooky Halloween!

4 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

So wonderful! ...and Ilove how the background is framing them in vintage Halloween illustrations!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing these very fun and nostalgic pictures! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Cute kids. What a great Mom they must have had. Love T

Todd Franklin said...

Fun Halloween snaps! I like the kid in the monkey costume the best. You have a great blog!