Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pendleton

I love Pendleton! I love all of their fabulous plaids, like the ones shown in this vintage advertisement. She's wearing the iconic 49er jacket in a glorious red plaid:
And here is my 49er jacket in a lovely green, blue and yellow plaid. With the fabulous slate buttons, it's one of my favorite vintage clothing pieces.
This is a Yakima Camp Blanket from Cabela's catalog. It was a Christmas gift last year. We have a few Indian blankets, too, but they're packed away so I couldn't get a picture of them today.
I had this beautiful coat made years ago from a Chief Joseph blanket. It cost me a pretty penny, between the blanket purchase and then paying a friend to make it. We thought we had it figured out as to what size I would need. I had her construct it so that it was actually reversible!
Unfortunately, it was just WAY too big for me. I only wore it once, and it pretty much engulfed me.
I finally ended up selling it on eBay. The winning buyer was thrilled with it, and while I was sad to see it go, I hope that she is wearing it and collecting compliments on her one-of-a-kind Pendleton beauty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Pendleton blankets! Mom has a really pretty one in the cabin with tee-pee's on it.

Karen Jo said...

Is the Pendleton store still at Disneyland? I used to love that store. Love, Deb

Barbara said...

I love your collection! I was just reading about Pendelton blankets in Country Home yesterday - would love to find one of those someday!