Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's About "Time"

I am SO tired of going into thrift stores and seeing completely ridiculous prices on things. Sick of it. What on earth is the matter with these people? Why do they think they can price items higher than they would be at an antiques store? It's crazy, I tell you. I see broken, repaired items that are priced as though there's not a thing wrong with them. Excuse me?
So, it truly was a refreshing change of pace, and, truly - it really is about "time", that I went into a thrift store and found a great vintage item, one that was actually worthy of an antique shop price - yet was priced very reasonably. That was the case with this wonderful art deco Telechron clock.
I guess it was just my lucky day! I love vintage clocks. Not sure why, but I just do. Love it:

And while the one below is not vintage, I love it, too. I have admired similar clocks for a number of years in mail order catalogs, and never wanted to pay the $30 price that was usually on them. My "Big Ben" with the classic style and pewter finish? A very reasonable $1.99. Running perfectly,and with a battery already in it:

Yes, it's about time, all right - and that's more like it!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great clocks! Great prices too. I agree with you about the pricing. I still get a laugh about the shop in San Andreas and the tag that said 'really, really old" Remember that? Love T

Rosie said...

Nice clocks! Reminds me of my Jefferson Golden Hour mystery clock. I'm still not sure how it works!
rosie

Anonymous said...

I grew up with “Big Ben” and just love the one in the picture, Heidi. Classic style, pewter finish, & running perfectly for $1.99. My! I’m going to have to spend more time shopping thrift stores. (Though, all too often, overpriced & not even 1/2 as antique as I am. "Original Oil Paint-By-Numbers, Discounted to $19.99!!!")

Thanks, Heidi